Car Accident Injuries Treated by Our Local Savannah Chiropractor
Crossroads Chiropractic and Wellness Center can help you to manage pain and recover from an auto accident injury. Some car accident victims feel pain immediately and, in other cases, neck or back pain can set in several days or weeks later. If you need the services of an auto injury chiropractor, Dr. Mark Domanski has been treating patients in the Savannah area for more than 20 years.
Auto Accident Injury Types
The pain and quality of life issues following an auto accident injury can range from mild to severe. Here are some common injuries that can result from a car accident:
- Herniated Disc - The impact from an auto accident can cause the discs between the vertebrae to crack. Symptoms can include intense back pain, limited mobility, or numbness in the arms and legs.
- Sciatica - Sciatica can result if a car accident causes your lower back to shift out of alignment. This can lead to symptoms such as pain in the hip, lower back, and leg.
- Whiplash - Whiplash is an extremely common car accident injury to the neck muscles. Symptoms can include a headache, shoulder pain, arm pain, blurred vision, and dizziness. The symptoms can initially appear as neck pain and worsen over time.
- Muscle Strain - A car accident can cause a strain to the back muscles. If left untreated, the resulting back pain can reduce your quality of life. and scar tissue in the muscles can build up.
Every car accident is different, and there is a wide range of additional injuries that can result. Dr. Domanski will diagnose the cause and source of the pain and work on an effective treatment plan with you.
See a Chiropractor after a Car Accident
Dr. Mark Domanski, D.C. can help you manage pain after car accident injuries have impacted your life. Following an exam and diagnosis, here are some of the possible treatments patients may receive at Crossroads Chiropractic and Wellness Center.
- Chiropractic for Herniated Disc - A herniated disc is being squeezed and compressed between the vertebrae. Chiropractic adjustments to the spine can help move the vertebrae off the disc to relieve pressure.
- Sciatica Treatment - The sciatic nerve is located at the back of each leg, but sciatica pain is often caused by a problem with a disc in the lower back. Chiropractic adjustments to the spine help to relieve the compression on the lumbar vertebrae, in turn reducing the pain.
- Whiplash Treatment - The first stage of treating whiplash involves reducing the inflammation in the neck. An auto injury chiropractor may work with you on some gentle stretching exercises and apply ice. As the inflammation reduces over time, your chiropractor will apply gentle spinal manipulation to relieve the neck pain, headache and any other symptoms.
- Muscle Strain Treatment - Chiropractic massage therapy techniques can help increase circulation to the injured area of your back. This can accelerate healing and reduces overall pain.
Your diagnosis following a car accident may require an X-ray or MRI to determine the precise location of the injury.
Schedule a Savannah Chiropractic Appointment
You may feel like you just have some bumps and bruises after a car accident, contact us at (912) 353-7611 to schedule an appointment.