Plantar Fasciitis Pain Relief in Savannah
Plantar fasciitis can be very painful and can hold you back from participating in the activities you love. At Crossroads Chiropractic & Wellness Center, we're proud to provide plantar fasciitis pain relief in Savannah for the hundreds of individuals who are struggling with this common condition every year in our community.
What is Plantar Fasciitis?
Plantar fasciitis is inflammation and irritation of the thick band of tissue running along the underside of your foot and forming your arch (called the plantar fascia). This irritation is due to micro-tears in the tissue and may lead to or be correlated with small bony overgrowths called heel spurs located on your heel bone (calcaneus).
Symptoms & Signs of Plantar Fasciitis
If you have plantar fasciitis, you'll know it, as this condition can be quite painful and uncomfortable. Symptoms are often worse first thing upon rising out of bed in the morning or upon standing after sitting for a while. People with plantar fasciitis typically complain of achy and tender pain on the underside of the foot, right in front of the heel.
Plantar Fasciitis Causes & Risk Factors
Any tissue in the body is susceptible to inflammatory damage if overworked or strained. Plantar fasciitis can happen to anyone, but is generally more likely to occur in people who are:
- On their feet for several hours a day
- Doing too much too soon (like going from a couch potato to training for a marathon)
- High-arched or low-arched
- Tight in the Achilles tendons and calf muscles
- Wearing high heels a lot
How Our Savannah Chiropractic Team Can Help You Relieve Your Plantar Fasciitis
Plantar fasciitis responds quite well to chiropractic care, and a variety of people have found natural and effective relief for their foot pain in Savannah at our facility. Here are a few things our Savannah chiropractor can do if you or a loved one has plantar fasciitis:
- Chiropractic adjustments to improve the normal alignment of your spine, pelvis, and hips (as postural abnormalities may excessively strain the plantar fascia)
- Corrective exercises to increase the flexibility of your calf muscles and strengthen your intrinsic foot muscles
- Nutritional counseling to help facilitate weight loss
Do You Have Foot Pain in Savannah? Come Visit Us for Relief Today
If you're struggling with plantar fasciitis, we invite you to contact our team here at Crossroads Chiropractic & Wellness Center today to schedule an appointment with the leader of our Savannah chiropractic care team, Dr. Mark Domanski. You can reach us at (912) 353-7611. We'll be honored to serve you!